Joan Van Alphen
Southern Saratoga Art Society, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation in the State of New York, formed for the purposes of fostering and promoting the visual arts in southern Saratoga County and the surrounding areas for the benefit and enjoyment of the general public by providing access to artist demonstrations, art shows, educational art programs and related programming.
Membership is open to any individual actively engaged in the production of art and to other persons interested in supporting and participating in the activities of the Southern Saratoga Art Society.
To encourage the development of art and to make the community of Southern Saratoga County more aware of visual arts.
* To foster the appreciation of the visual arts.
* To further the education of members by organizing, arranging and/or conducting art demonstrations
lectures and workshops.
* To provide active artist members engaged in the creation of fine art with an opportunity to meet and
* To promote interest in in the visual arts by providing public access to artist demonstrations and art
shows, hosting educational art programs, and providing community presentations on art.
* To encourage new emerging artists both young and old.